About elizabeth rees
If you want to live forever, drink wine and eat pizza. - Anonymous, London
My name is Elizabeth Rees. I travel the world, pretend to be a competitive swimmer, stretch daily as a human pretzel, addicted to chocolate chip muffins, incessantly take pictures on my phone, and explore the next cocktail craving in my mind.
My background comes from a wide variety of areas of expertise from playing with knives to performing on stage to building websites. I currently work as a digital marketing specialist and a freelance digital consultant in the Washington, DC area. Displayed throughout this site are projects that I am currently working on or contributed to throughout my professional experience.
Alertus Technologies - Washington, DC | Digital Marketing Specialist
- Produce, manage, and edit all front-end digital content for B2B-company specializing in mass notification technologies.
- Manage all content for the company’s website, powered by Squarespace.
- Produce social media content for channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Administer email-marketing campaigns through CRM, Pardot.
- Analyze SEO, SEA and social media analytics through Google Analytics & AdWords.
MedStar Health - Washington, DC | Digital Marketing Consultant (Freelance)
- Manage HTML landing page content and creative for search engine and social media marketing campaigns via WordPress.
- Edit creative assets on Adobe Photoshop as needed.
June 2015 - September 2016 | IMI Agency - Washington, DC
Marketing Project Manager
- Managed all marketing projects for Hilton Worldwide’s Food & Beverage Department, Flavors of Hilton, including internal educational programs, digital applications, consumer promotions, and events.
- Administered and managed all web content for departmental intranet, powered by Igloo Software.
- Executed all email campaigns through Constant Contact, particularly the monthly newsletter, Coast to Coaster and regularly departmental communications.
- Provided administrative and strategy support for IMI account team members, partnering agencies, and F&B executives at Hilton Worldwide, Americas as needed.
June - September 2015 | Oracle Hospitality – Washington, DC
Digital Marketing Analyst (Contractor)
- Created, reported analytical SEO and SEA performance reports from Google Analytics, Bing, and Omniture for the Hyatt and Four Seasons hotel accounts.
- Balanced monthly marketing budget for participating Hyatt properties.
- Created, managed display marketing campaigns through Google AdWords for Hyatt and Four Seasons hotel accounts.
January - May 2015 | Hilton Worldwide – Washington, Dc
Digital Marketing Coordinator (Contractor)
- Supported the Sponsorship & Partnerships team with all marketing initiatives surrounding Hilton @Play, an e-commerce, online point-purchasing website for Hilton Honors members in partnership with Live Nation.
- Created content and managed all assets related to the e-commerce site on Open Canvas, an e-commerce CMS.
- Ensured timely execution of all auctions, procurement and delivery of assets including full compliance with terms and conditions within the Hilton @Play website.
August 2014 - January 2015 | Editorial Projects in Education – Washington, DC
Marketing Coordinator (Contractor)
- Responsible for all marketing and coordination of Education Week’s Leadership Dinner Series. Education Week is a weekly, national publication for K-12 educators and leaders.
- Conducted targeted marketing campaigns to secure high attendance of the Leadership Dinner Series. Dinner participants include district and senior-level educators and administrators, education technology executives, and publishers of Education Week.
May - September 2014 | Rosetta Stone – Washington, DC
Online Marketing Specialist (Contractor)
- Supported the Enterprise & Education team with execution and management of Rosetta Stone’s website redesign project for global markets.
- Implemented all content, marketing copy into proprietary CMS, Liferay. Languages include German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and Korean.
- Localized web content from English to German.
Google Analytics IQ Certification
Google Analytics Academy
Intermediate Certification in Wine & Spirits
Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET®)
Goethe-Institute Zertifkat Deutsch B1
August 2001 - May 2005
Bachelor of Arts, Double Major | International Studies and Dance (3.24) Concentration | German
Randolph-Macon Woman’s College – Lynchburg, VA
September 2003 - July 2004
International Exchange Program | International Politics and German
University of Kassel - Kassel, HE, Germany
August 1997 – May 2001
High School Diploma (3.9)
Harrison High School – Kennesaw, GA
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Analytics: Google (SEA & SEO), Omniture, Facebook (PPC)
- Content Management System (CMS): WordPress, Squarespace, Liferay, Igloo, Open Canvas
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Salesforce
- Lead Generation & Email: Pardot, Constant Contact
- Project Management: Asana, Trello
- Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Hootsuite
- English (native)
- German (fluent – read, write, speak)
Red Cross Donor and Volunteer
German-American Chamber of Commerce Young Executive Member
German-American Meetup in Washington, DC
Swimming, Yoga, Traveling, Cooking, Reading